Sunday, March 23, 2014

One in a million.

Married student wards. Tyson explains them as those who still exclaim "woohoo! we're in college!" Everyone looks exactly the same and competes. Who dresses the cutest. Who has the biggest flower on their baby's head.

Not fun.

That's why we decided to go to the family ward. Different ages, more service opportunities...
...and it's at 1pm :)

At first it was hard. It had lots of people, we were just one in the crowd.
But with Tyson's basketball and being social, we were slowly starting to find our place.

Then the ward boundaries changed- and we were kicked out.

Now we're in a ward where the sacrament meeting is filled up to the back stage... like a stake conference every week.
Once again, we were one in a million. 

It really hit me when, on the first day of the boundary change, all of the women met for relief society in the sacrament room-- and FILLED EVERY ROW.
We didn't stay for the meet-n-greet afterward.. I pulled Tyson out in tears.
"I'M NOT SPECIAL!" I cried into his chest. He thought I was a nut. But it's how I felt! SO many cute girls, so many who have more accomplishments, so many that can play the piano, that can sing, that are funny, that are nice..... I didn't have a place. Nothing was personal, who knows if you were going to see that person again, or recognize them if you did.

I can just imagine my guardian angel pointing at me and calling me to repentance yelling 
"PRIDEFUL!
as I complained.. and then I can see sweet heavenly father pushing him aside and saying.. 
"shhh.. I've got this.
and then called me to be on the compassionate service committee. The counselor who set me apart specifically said "I want you to meet those girls. Really get to know them. To love them." ...everything that before I didn't want to do. 

"The adversary delights in separating us, the sisters of this Church, from the Spirit. Because he knows how vital our influence and our presence is in the latter-day kingdom of God." -Sheri Dew

WOW. I'm sure glad God stepped in and ripped off those pride glasses.

This Sunday was awesome.
Tyson whispered during Sacrament- "look at all these people. isn't it incredible that heavenly father knows each one of them? He's given them each a testimony that this is true. Each has a different role, a different talent to offer." 
I could see it. I could see the love that he has for each one.. and I began to feel it. Tyson really does have lenses of the pure love of Christ.
I'm excited to get to know all the sisters. Or future Goddesses, as CS Lewis says.


“It is a serious thing to live in a society of possible gods and goddesses, to remember that the dullest and most uninteresting person you can talk to may one day be a creature which, if you saw it now, you would be strongly tempted to worship. … There are no ordinary people. … Your neighbor is the holiest object presented to your senses” -CS Lewis.

 I'm slowly learning the greatness of being one in a million.


(Maybe it's cause Tyson and I took a minute before relief society and drank the protein shakes we brought out in the wonderful spring sun. :) really pumped us up!!!! combating hanger before that 3rd hour! haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment