Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Gee Gally Bladder!! It's 'bout to 'xplode!

I am now more aware than ever how blessed I am. 
We've had so many miracles this past weekend! 

First of all, our date night on Saturday was ruined cause I was a cry baby... "meh, let's go back. I don't feel good..." I complained. I told Tyson to leave me behind and go play with his friends... which he retorted a resounding:
"no. I want to be with you. doesn't matter if you're sick or a bump on a log-
 i want to be with you.
(awwwwww!
So we stole a wii and a movie from our friends and stayed in for the night :) It was a good distraction, but "iron woman" was back and the pain wouldn't go away! I couldn't sleep, move, and I constantly cried to Tyson, who did all he could to help me. I didn't want to go to the doctor- I thought I could wait it out this time as I had before, because our insurance doesn't start until February 1st. oh, the irony.

It wasn't until 11am the next morning (15 hours of severe pain later) that Tyson's dad called from his business trip to Mexico and talked us into going. Thanks, dad! Miracle: Shawn Speirs, Tyson's Godfather and Doctor of Internal Medicine, happened to be in town that very weekend. What!!! So he came with us... met us at the clinic, told us the very same thing we paid the doctor to tell us- and we were quickly referred to the hospital. Miracle: The doctor told the receptionist to reimburse us everything that we paid that morning!

So we got into Dr. Speirs car, where he and Tyson gave me a blessing. Then we were off to the Provo hospital- here's us in the waiting room. Dr. Speirs kept me laughing by showing us Brian Regan's "Emergency Room" skit. I had to set it down half way through cause I was laughing so hard. Here's us in the waiting room!


Soon it was our turn, and Dr. Speirs- the wonderful angel was still with us interpreting the blood results left on the screen, and telling us stories of when he was there just 1 year ago to the day. They gave me some pain meds (oh yeah, and I said NOTHING weird.. but they kept laughing at me??). Chad the nurse rolled me on the hospital bed with wheels (wheeee!) to Gina, the ultrasound lady where she secretly told me "now, I can't diagnose anything, but your gallbladder isn't happy!" just as Dr. Speirs predicted! So I met more nice people and was sent to the Surgery room. (which was room 4, btw... that's my lucky number ;)

I was just happy that they found a solution- It's dumb when you're in pain and you go to the doctor and they tell you to take this antacid and stop complaining.. haha. I was happy that the pain was going to be GONE and to NEVER come back! It was my first time that I would be unconscious. All I remember is Terrell the anesthesiologist giving me a shot and telling me "now roll on to the surgery table.. you have about, hmm, 5 seconds." I did, put my head down and... OUT.

After being with us almost all day, Dr. Speirs was replaced by his son Jordan, Tyson's best friend. Haha, I only remember saying goodbye to him. 
I woke up with that nasty oxygen tube in my nose and tried to itched it off.. sheesh that was a brutal battle! my nose is still feelin it!! Tyson had to fight my hand off my face haha. He was the best. He wouldn't leave my side, and constantly served me. If you know Tyson at all, you know he is very diligent to his school. We even put off our honeymoon to be able to go to school. But he dropped it all on Monday to stay with me. He slept on the chair next to my bed, and kept telling me how strong and tough and beautiful I was. I couldn't ask for a better companion!! He made me feel like I could do anything :) I was motivated to become independent that much faster.. the nurses all applauded my strength!! Which I knew came from my husband :)


The next morning I still wasn't feeling up to eating a lot, but the nurse gave it a go! So Tyson did the ordering.. Haha i thought I'd add a picture of his order. My guardian angel was pretttyyyy hungry! And deserved it, I don't think he thought about himself for 1 second up to this point!

Then I was surprised by a visit from my best friend/mission companion/sister for life- Shelbi!! She brought us snacks and optimism. We felt so loved!!!! It was so great to see her. Then my mom came too, we could talk and laugh and look at the nasty pictures of what they did to me-- oooo I'll show you! 


check this out:
So that big nasty on the top is my gallbladder- it shouldnt be sticking out of the liver (the cushy thing behind it) all that much. But this baby was filled with hard stones that could be the size of golf balls. Bahah! Tyson calls them my pearls :) Like I'm a clam. They won't let you keep them anymore, otherwise I think it would've been cool to make them into earrings! Can you imagine? "Oh, cool earrings!" "Thanks! They're my gallstones :)" Haha. 
So these babies made of calcium bicarbonate were blocking any fluid from coming out of the gallbladder, so it was getting infected, and could've burst. 
It's hereditary, my sister had hers taken out in Chile on her mission (where I had my first gallbladder pain they mistook for heartburn too. Here's my letter home from that week on the mission.) Even my mom had hers out. We could've guessed! It was a miracle it was taken out now, if I had been pregnant it would've been a KILLER! It might've even risked having the baby being lost. We're so lucky this all happened now! not like a baby is in our near future... but still.

We had a nice view from the hospital, but this was my favorite view :) haha, Tyson trying to do some homework. It was a fun trip! Lots of new adventures. Taking walks with tiny steps, the water IV attached to me, and hand in hand with Tyson. Memories! Look at that face, haha. We were released at 7 that night, making us there a total of a day and a half, and came home to the edible flowers from my WORK! That was awesome- what blessings that they just want me to get better and aren't mad that I'm missing.

Now Tyson is at school, and left me in the care of my parents  in PC, where we can breathe better :) Now this is my view-- mom calls it their "bird party." See the birdies??

And that's our adventure! Our life is too perfect, and things like this just strengthen us, because we get to see the sacrifice and strength in each other and our love continues to grow. I even got FOUR scars!! my lucky number!!! Hope that's all the adventures we have for awhile.. we're ready for a break!! :)

1 comment:

  1. That picture of the galls is really gross. Glad that is out and away. Hope you feel better. Glad your parents are there with you. Lap up the love.

    ReplyDelete